Free support from Shepherd Neame
We offer licensees an impressive breadth of free support across all areas of the business, with in-house experts available to provide help and bespoke training.
- An in-house trade quality services team to help with beer quality, along with a dedicated support hotline. Shepherd Neame pays for all equipment and installation costs.
“The standard of the beer from Shepherd Neame is superb, and it is delivered here in a fantastic condition. We get lot of support from the brewery‘s Trade Quality Service team. In addition to the classic range they offer all year round, they offer a monthly seasonal beer of their own and they offer a choice of six beers from microbrewers all over the country.”
Chris, The Bear, Faversham
- Advice on choosing the right wines for your pub, including food matching suggestions, from our wine sales development manager. We also run free wine tasting events for customers, tenants and their staff, and provide ideas for merchandising in the pub, and back bar design.
- A dedicated Business Development Manager, able to offer expert advice and support every step of the way.
“I have been at the pub for eight years, and had the same BDM for the whole time, which is good because it allows you to build a relationship where they understand how you run the pub and they understand the pub itself.”
Mike, Hoop and Grapes, London
- Help to develop your food offer from our award-winning development chef. Advice includes menu planning, pricing and costing, dish presentation, health and safety, and marketing and promotions. We also hold quarterly food development workshops at the brewery.
“I have been a tenant with Shepherd Neame for 17 years now, 15 years at the Walnut Tree. I was stuck in a rut, and couldn’t see that my menu needed changing. Sheps’ development chef opened my eyes again to my business, inviting me on a food development workshop and helping with costings and portion sizes. I have gone from 40 roast dinners on a Sunday to 100, thanks to her support.”
Karen, Walnut Tree, Aldington
- Bespoke marketing materials created by our in-house designer and illustrator. This includes free menu design and printing, along with other collateral such as flyers, business cards and posters.
- Exclusively available to our tenanted pubs, the Coffee & Ale House brand is available to help increase your coffee sales, with subsidised hire of the machines. Branded crockery, table menus and A-boards are available to promote the offer.
“By offering a quality coffee experience at our pubs, we have attracted a new profile of customer, who may not have visited before. They also visit at times when our pub is not normally busy, and as a result of their coffee experience they are more likely to return at other times for a drink or to enjoy a meal.”
Theresa, Prince of Wales, Reigate
- Special offers with a wide range of third party suppliers, leveraging the purchasing power of our retail estate on items such as energy, security and catering supplies.
- Free advice and negotiation of rateable values. The new list comes into effect on April 1, 2017. Over the life of the current list we have achieved savings in excess of £1 million for licensees.
“Before Shepherd Neame got involved, the business rates were almost £4,000 a year, and now I pay around £300. This is my first pub, and I previously worked as a health and safety officer, so I didn’t have any experience in this area. Having the brewery’s support has really helped.”
Mick, Nags Head, Rochester
- An in-house communications team to help with PR, helping generate media coverage and offering support.
- An in-house digital marketing team provide a free domain for licensees’ websites and help populate them with content. They also provide free training on social channels to market your business via one-to-one pub visits and group seminars at the brewery, and run a telephone support helpline
- We invite all licensees to the annual Shepherd Neame Pub Awards, a free event which offers an opportunity to network with their counterparts and brewery staff.