Dear Friends of Shepherd Neame,
As we face the enormous challenge of responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, I would like to assure you that the safety of our customers and team members is our overriding priority.
Yesterday’s announcement by the Government has put the hospitality industry in a very difficult position and we are seeking urgent clarification. Pubs and clubs need an immediate cash injection to provide reassurance for licensees and their communities. We are lobbying Government hard and hope for an announcement later today.
For the time being, as many of our pubs remain open as possible but we are monitoring the situation daily, and on an individual basis.
We are providing guidance for our licensees and are considering a range of measures of support which we will review in the light of any Government announcement.
In the meantime, extensive precautionary measures are being put in place in our managed pubs to protect our staff and customers.
These include the following:
- Sourcing infra red thermometers to allow monitoring of staff
- Moving furniture to ensure adequate social distancing between customers
- Where possible, requesting contactless card payments to minimise the handling of cash by our teams
- Issuing hygiene best practice advice toolkits and supplies
- Restricting numbers
Our production facilities will continue but we will implement strict new controls. These include the following:
- Deep cleaning production areas at the beginning and end of each shift
- Providing temperature monitors for employees
- Only critical supplies will be allowed on the site and all visitors will have to undergo temperature checks and can only access site through one single point
We are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and recognise the situation is evolving rapidly.
I would like to take this opportunity personally to thank all our customers and team members for their continued support and loyalty, and hope that they and their families stay safe at this time.
We have set up a dedicated email address to enable you to get in touch with us directly if you have any concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
With my very best wishes,
Shepherd Neame Chief Executive