Originally named The Lion's Head, the pub was built in 1861 as a tap house for estate workers, until it was bought, along with the Bourne Park estate, by industrialist Sir John Prestige in the 1920s. The name was changed to The Mermaid Inn as a mermaid features on Sir John’s coat of arms. The pub was extended in 1968.
BOXING DAY OPENING
We will be open on Boxing Day from 12 - 6pm. Food served 12 -3pm