As we step in to 2022, Shepherd Neame is excited to be looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our team at the Spitfire in Kings Hill, West Malling.
The Spitfire is an incredibly fast paced and high volume pub & restaurant located within the Kings Hill business and residential park in Liberty Square. We have an exceptionally busy lunchtime trade with customers joining us daily from local businesses, our high end Sunday roasts are a huge hit every weekend and we have two function suites which allow us to cater for weddings, events and Christmas parties for up to 150 covers. Our main restaurant caters for up to 60 sit down covers and when the sun is shining our garden can seat a further 200 hungry diners at any one time.
The role of Assistant Manager is key within our business so we need someone that can bring bundles of energy and enthusiasm to the table, providing first class operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence and assisting the successful running of our pub. At forefront of our business you will work full time hours, including some evenings and weekends, undertaking duty manager shifts, supporting customer service out on the front line, overseeing our front of house & kitchen teams, support with stock and cellar management duties and carry out opening and closing procedures as required.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a General Manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Competitive annual salary
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.