As we step in to 2022, Shepherd Neame is excited to be looking for either a live in or live out Head Chef to join our management team at the Spitfire in Kings Hill, West Malling.
The Spitfire is an incredibly fast paced and high volume pub & restaurant located within the Kings Hill business and residential park in Liberty Square. We have an exceptionally busy lunchtime trade with customers joining us daily from local businesses, our high end Sunday roasts are a huge hit every weekend and we have two function suites which allow us to cater for weddings, events and Christmas parties for up to 150 covers. Our main restaurant caters for up to 60 sit down covers and when the sun is shining our garden can seat a further 200 hungry diners at any one time.
We are proud to serve our customers a varied menu including a selection of freshly cooked classic British dishes using locally sourced and superb quality ingredients together with our popular grill menu and a range of sandwiches and sides for the quicker and lighter lunchtime bites.
This role requires a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further train our existing team of six experienced chefs plus three kitchen porters, driving and motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
We need a dynamic and motivated Head Chef that will support us with the further development of our menus, food sales and event trade at this already well performing site.
Please note that for the right applicant, private live in studio accommodation is available with this role.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team of nine staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Highly competitive Salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Private live in studio accommodation if required
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.