A permanent opportunity has arisen in our Commercial Finance team. The successful candidate will partner stakeholders in a range of business areas including the Directors, Senior Management team and the Pub District and General Managers. They will act as a key financial business partner and be responsible for providing accurate commercial finance insight, analytical support and financial planning guidance.
Skills & Experience
- A flexible, proactive self-starter
- Friendly and approachable whilst remaining professional in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with a love of knowledge sharing
- A driven, engaging and motivated individual with a business partner focus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to build and develop working relationships with key stakeholders
- Show initiative and take on full responsibility of the role
- Relevant experience in an FP&A role
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA, AAT
- Experience of Retail and/or Manufacturing industries would be beneficial
- Experience of SAP would be advantageous
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility and review of all budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning activities, and subsequent reporting packs
- Finalise and review timely, monthly management accounts, for all relevant channels of trade. To be submitted alongside insightful, engaging commentary and analysis including benchmarking against budget, recent periods, key performance metrics and competitor results
- Provide objective, financial control in new project implementations
- Take initiative in implementing process and control improvements
- Responsibility for accuracy and integrity of Balance Sheet accounts for all relevant channels of trade. Provide full quarterly reviews, with key Balance Sheet accounts reconciled and presented monthly
- Provide support to the wider finance team at all times and auditors at key reporting periods
- Preparation of investment appraisals and post investment reviews
- Responsibility for any relevant commercial analysis that may arise and any subsequent reporting
- Drive growth, identify efficiencies and improvement alongside department heads and in line with strategic objectives
- Interpret large volumes of data and provide value adding, financial insight to a varied list of stakeholders
- Identify key risks and opportunities to performance and contribute to identifying mitigating actions where appropriate
- Provide commercial, analytical support to key decision makers across the business.
- Be the main point of contact within the finance team for the managed pubs operational management. Attend, present and support leading regular operational performance reviews at the brewery and on site at pub locations
- Provide and support any ad hoc external reporting requirements
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Share Incentive Plan
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame Managed House pubs and hotels
- Company events
- Counselling Service
- Access to a Mental Wellbeing Platform
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
Full time, 37.5 hours per week. 08:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch (unpaid).
The role will be based at our Faversham brewery with an element of flexibility.
Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest brewer and a pub retailer based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 300 pubs and have a wide portfolio of beers and cider including Whitstable Bay, Bear Island, Spitfire, Samuel Adams and Singha.
Diversity, equality, and inclusion matter to Shepherd Neame. If you think you would be suited this role we would welcome your application regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential.
Application closing date: 28th January 2022
We do reserve the right to call candidates to interview before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.