As we step in to 2022, Shepherd Neame is excited to be looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Belle Vue in Pegwell, Ramsgate, Kent.
At the Belle Vue, you will be guaranteed a warm welcome, delicious food and spectacular views as the 'Balcony of Kent' at the rear of the pub offers some of the best sea views in Kent. It's a great place to catch the sea air, lots of Kentish sunshine and spectacular sunsets and we also offer a great selection of entertainment, with twice-weekly live music gigs leading the charge.
Food is currently served from 12Noon to 3pm and from 6pm until 9pm Monday to Friday, from 12 Noon until 9pm on Saturdays and from 12 Noon until 5pm on Sundays. Our menu is packed full of ‘Best of British’ dishes with lighter lunch alternatives and our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food using only the best, sustainable ingredients in our dishes, so we work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East.
Please note that for the right applicant, live in accommodation is available with this role.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level or a strong Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- High volume catering experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive annual salary
- Live in accommodation if required
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.