As we step in to 2022, Shepherd Neame is excited to be looking for an experienced Kitchen Manager/Head Chef to join our management team at the Royal Albion Hotel in Broadstairs, Kent.
The Royal Albion is a high volume and busy pub, restaurant & twenty-one bedroom hotel located at the bottom of Broadstairs high street. Boasting spectacular views out over the Kent coast, we have an open plan drinking and dining area for approx.120 covers and when the sun is shining we can accommodate a further 100 covers in our garden overlooking the beach.
Classic British cuisine with a monthly changing specials menu is available seven days per week and our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food using only the best sustainable ingredients in our dishes, so we work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East.
You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do! We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume catering experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of approx.10 staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary in the region of £35,000 per annum & tip shares
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.