The Horse & Groom is a busy pub & restaurant located in Wilmington, Kent and due to business demand we are looking for an additional Commis Chef to further expand our kitchen team in 2022.
Located on the outskirts of Dartford, the Horse & Groom is a incredibly high volume and turnover gastro pub & restaurant boasting a great semi-rural location in the village of Wilmington. We are proud to serve our customers a selection of freshly cooked classic British dishes with a modern twist, using locally sourced and superb quality ingredients. We operate full table service seven days a week and the Horse & Groom currently trades on an approximate 50/50% food to drink split. We can cater for as many as 600 covers on a busy day and we also have a great trade garden which also allows us to accommodate a further 180 hungry diners when the sun is shining.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Commis Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.