The Bloomsbury Tavern is a busy London pub located in the heart of West Ends theatre land and we are looking for part time Cook to join our team immediately.
We are currently open Monday to Saturdays only, so this role will see you working part time hours across a range of shifts to include daytimes, evenings and Saturdays. You must be flexible in terms of working hours but we will gladly discuss your requirements at interview stage.
This role will see you working as part of a small team undertaking all duties within the kitchen to include preparing, cooking and presenting great food in line with our company brand standards. You will be responsible for the opening and closing procedures in the kitchen, upholding our health, safety and cleanliness standards whilst you work and you will be happy undertaking all tasks to include some portering where required in this hands on post.
We would be pleased to hear from cooks and chefs at all levels, so long as you can provide us with the skills, commitment and enthusiasm required to be successful in the role.
In return, we will off offer you continued personal development, support and training, a competitive pay rate, great company benefits and the opportunity for you to join our proven chef’s development programme, which will help you achieve your career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cookery skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to follow strict health & safety and cleanliness regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now.