Shepherd Neame are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our team at the Crown in Rochester, Kent.
Located on the corner of Rochester Bridge on the banks of River Medway, the Crown is a large, spacious operation that is set out across multiple levels. We have a strong local following with live music, two pool tables, six TV screens and live sports available in the sports bar that can accommodate up to 100 people. We are a wet led business that offer our customers a great range of drinks together with a recently introduced menu including gourmet burgers, chicken wings, loaded fries, big plates and Sunday roasts in our main bar & restaurant area.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term. You must have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.