The Royal Albion is busy pub & restaurant & hotel located in Broadstairs high-street and we are looking for a part time night porter to join our team.
This role will see you working on a set shift pattern of 2 nights on and 4 nights off from 11pm until 7am, to include some weekends. Additional working hours may also be available if required to cover holiday and busy periods.
As an integral part of our front of house team, you will ensure that we continue to deliver an excellent level of service to our customers on the front line during the night shift.
You will assume complete responsibility for the safety of our guests throughout the night, so you must be able to think on your feet, react quickly and you will be able to calmly make sensible decisions when the need arises.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the overall safety of our guests and building during the night shift.
- Handling any fire evacuations whilst on shift.
- Welcoming guests and checking them in and out of the hotel.
- Handling any customer complaints or queries.
- Serving in house residents in the bar area.
- Setting up residents breakfast in the restaurant.
- Setting up for weddings, conferences and events as required.
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working nights is preferred.
- First class customer service skills.
- Good IT skills.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- The ability to work alone using your own initiative.
- You must be able to remain calm and make quick decisions.
- You must be in good physical health due to some heavy lifting.
- You must be honesty and reliable.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours.
- Former experience as a night porter is preferred, not essential.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for a chat.