Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to support the day to day running of our kitchen and team at the Royal Wells Hotel in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Just a few minutes’ walk from the main town centre and boasting spectacular views from its hilltop location in Mount Ephraim, the Royal Wells is a busy 27 bedroom hotel that operates on an even split across food, liquor and accommodation sales. It has two stylish event suites which cater for up to 120 sit-down guests, making it a very popular, busy site for high end weddings and events.
The role of Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive annual salary
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.