The Communications Executive will report into the Corporate Communications Manager and work with the wider marketing team to amplify the unique stories and personality of our pubs, brands and brewery both internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a communications all-rounder able to articulate the Shepherd Neame experience by creating and presenting engaging content to illustrate the unique stories of our pubs, brands and brewery. This would be a key role within the Communications Team in support of our strategic marketing plan.
The ideal candidate will have journalism or public relations experience and be a flawless copywriter able to tailor their writing to a variety of audiences and channels. They will also have excellent verbal communication skills. Desktop publishing, photo editing and digital video editing skills would be an advantage. Social media skills are a must.
Skills & Experience
Experience in journalism or public relations.
- Strong copywriting skills, able to create engaging, accurate content for a wide range of audiences and channels.
- An instinct for a story and a genuine interest in news and current affairs and a passion for beer and pubs!
- Experience in social media, including creating, planning, scheduling and monitoring posts, campaigns, channels and conversations.
- Effective organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage own workload.
- Adaptable to fast-changing priorities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and apps/software relevant to digital marketing and media relations.
- Able to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders (both internally and externally).
- Holder of a journalism/public relations qualification or working towards.
- A full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle would be beneficial.
- Experience in the leisure industry or FMCG is preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Share Incentive Plan
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame Managed House pubs and hotels
- Company events
- Counselling Service
- Access to a Mental Wellbeing Platform
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
Full time, 37.5 hours per week. 08:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch (unpaid).
The role will be based at our Faversham brewery with an element of flexibility.
Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest brewer and a pub retailer based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 300 pubs and have a wide portfolio of beers and cider including Whitstable Bay, Bear Island, Spitfire, Samuel Adams and Singha.
Diversity, equality, and inclusion matter to Shepherd Neame. If you think you would be suited this role we would welcome your application regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential.
How to Apply:
For further information about Shepherd Neame and details of how to apply, please visit our website. Application closing date: 24th October 2021
We do reserve the right to call qualified candidates to interview before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.