Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Minnis Bay Bar & Brasserie in Birchington, Kent.
The Minnis Bay is a high volume pub and restaurant that boasts a spectacular sea front location overlooking one of the finest beaches on the Kent Coast. Classic British cuisine with a contemporary twist is on offer and due to our unique coastal location, fresh seafood is a speciality. At the Minnis our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food using only the best, sustainable ingredients in our dishes, so we work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East.
The Minnis Bay is an extremely busy, food led business that currently operates on a 50% wet and 50% dry split. It is a very seasonal and high volume site that can cater for up to 140 covers in the main restaurant together with plentiful outdoor dining space and a superb sea-facing function suite that can cater for a further 60 guests for private dining, weddings or events.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team of around 15 staff, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume catering experience.
- Function, wedding and event experience is preferred not essential.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 10-15 staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Annual salary of up to £35,000 DOE.
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.