Following our hugely successful reopening, Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Horse & Groom in Wilmington, Kent.
Located on the outskirts of Dartford, the Horse & Groom is a incredibly high volume and turnover gastro pub & restaurant boasting a great semi-rural location in the village of Wilmington. We are proud to serve our customers a selection of freshly cooked classic British dishes with a modern twist, using locally sourced and superb quality ingredients.
We operate full table service seven days a week and the Horse & Groom currently trades on an approximate 50 / 50% food to drink split. We can cater for as many as 600 covers on a busy day and we also have a great trade garden which also allows us to accommodate a further 180 hungry diners when the sun is shining.
Approx. Inhouse Tips System plus £7,000-9,000
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- An experienced Sous Chef looking to take the next step.
- High volume Catering experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 15 staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum negotiable dependent on experience.
- Monthly in-house service charge and tip share scheme worth up to £7,000 per annum (seasonally dependent).
- Bonus scheme.
- Private health care scheme.
- Monthly service charge and tip share scheme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame retail pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.