Samuel Pepys is a busy riverside London pub located on the North Bank of the Thames between Cannon Street and Blackfriars and following our hugely successful re-opening we are looking for a Head Chef to join our team.
This hands on role will see you taking responsibility for the day to day running and cooking within our kitchen together with the support of a small team of chefs. Our Menu includes a range of small plates, pizzas, burgers and traditional pub menu favourites using quality ingredients, locally sourced wherever possible. Our food serving hours are 12Noon until approx. 9pm Monday to Friday and we are also open for occasional weekends to host weddings, events and parties.
You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.