Due to internal promotion, Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven live in or live out Deputy Manager to join our management team at the Royal Hotel in Deal, Kent.
The Royal Hotel is a picturesque, 18th century Georgian building regally positioned on Deal Seafront. It combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern 18 bedroomed hotel. Able to cater for approximately 150-200 covers at any one time, the Royal Hotel has multiple restaurant and dining areas to include the Quarterdeck Restaurant and the Boathouse Bar & Terrace which boasts glorious views out over the sea. It also has a small private function room for around 40 covers which allows the hotel to cater for private dining and small parties and events.
The role of Deputy Manager is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence and assisting the successful running of our pub. You will work closely with our kitchen and operational teams recruiting and developing your people, with an ultimate goal of upholding our customer service delivery, quality and food standards at site.
What are we looking for?
- Proven deputy/ supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Proven recruitment, leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a General Manager in the longer term.
- Live in accommodation if required.
- Competitive annual salary
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.