If you are an established Chef looking to carve out your career in the kitchen then this may be just the job for you as Shepherd Neame has an exciting new job opportunity for a Junior Sous Chef to join our team at the Vine in Tenterden, Kent.
A beautiful pub on Tenterden’s main high street, The Vine Inn combines traditional charm with contemporary style. Popular with tourists and locals, the Vine serves freshly prepared food every day, with classic pub dishes crafted from local, seasonal produce wherever possible.
For this newly created role, we are looking for candidates with proven experience at either Junior Sous or Chef de partie level with the ability to support the Head & Sous Chef with the day to day running of the kitchen and you must have experience working in a high volume and fast paced business.
In return, we know that excellent chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy in to training and developing our Junior Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme' enabling you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- A love for food and working in the kitchen environment
- Proven experience at Junior Sous or Chef de partie level
- The ability to support the Head & Sous Chef with the running the kitchen
- Experience working in a high volume and fast paced kitchen
- Knowledge of stock ordering, rotation and management
- The desire to train, develop and learn new culinary skills
- The ability to adhere to strict food hygiene and health & safety regulations
- The aptitude to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be a great team player and able to support your colleagues
- Flexibility in terms of the working hours required of you
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.