Following our hugely successful re-opening, Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Shakespeare in Canterbury, Kent.
The Shakespeare is an elegant pub & restaurant with an adjoining wine bar that boasts a great central location in the beautiful and historic city centre. Offering the best-of-British-fare, by day it is a popular drinking and dining spot for locals, shoppers and tourists alike and then evenings offer a much more contemporary feel with a wide range of music and a relaxed but vibrant atmosphere.
To be successful in this role you must be incredibly organised, you will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team of six, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team of six.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive annual salary
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.