Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest brewery based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 300 pubs and produce a wide range of ales and lagers, including Spitfire Ale, Whitstable Bay and Bishops Finger.
A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Process and Filtration Operative based in our Brewing Team, reporting to the Shift Brewer.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working safely by following safety instructions, and exercising good judgement.
- Taking beer from fermenters and processing to packaging specifications.
- Loading and unloading bulk beer and cider tankers
- Performing other beer processing operations including Krausening, beer transfers and dry hopping.
- Sampling and testing of beer at key points in production.
- Recording of test results and analysis information, on time and accurately.
- Creating records both on paper and in computers systems such and SAP and LIMS.
- Housekeeping in the filter room and related areas to a defined standard.
- Following instructions from members of the brewing and operations management team.
- Working with engineers, lab staff and management to highlight and resolve problems.
- Monitoring filtration processes, recording results and assisting Assistant Brewers and Brewing Management Team in driving improvements
What are we looking for?
- A positive and conscientious attitude towards work and fellow employees.
- Ability to learn, understand and operate multiple processes simultaneously.
- Ability to work with other team members towards shared goals.
- Ability to contribute ideas for problem solving and improvements.
- Flexibility to reasonable requests to work in other areas.
- Opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Share Incentive Plan
Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame Managed House pubs and hotels
The role involves working a mix of morning, afternoon and day shift with occasional weekend work and includes a shift premium and overtime where applicable.
It is possible that night shifts may be required.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply on the Shepherd Neame website attaching your C.V.
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2021