Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to join our team and support the successful running of the Crown in Rochester, Kent.
Located on the corner of Rochester Bridge on the banks of River Medway, the Crown is a large, spacious Pub & restaurant that is set out across multiple levels. We have a strong local following with live music, two pool tables, six TV screens and live sports available in the sports bar that can accommodate up to 100 people. We offer our customers a great range of drinks together with a recently introduced menu including gourmet burgers, chicken wings, loaded fries, big plates and Sunday roasts in our main bar & restaurant area. We are a wet led business, currently trading at a 75% wet and 25% dry split. We had a complete internal and external refurbishment scheme planned for 2020 which has now been pushed back to 2022 because of the current pandemic, but longer term, our plan is to completely re-develop and re-position the Crown in the local market place.
The role of Deputy Manager is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence and assisting the successful running of our pub. You will work closely with our kitchen and operational teams recruiting and developing your people, with an ultimate goal of upholding our customer service delivery, quality and food standards at site.
Please note that live in accommodation may be available for the right candidate.
What are we looking for?
- Proven deputy/ supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Proven recruitment, leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a General Manager in the longer term.
- Starting salary of approx. £23,000 pa, negotiable pay rate dependent on experience.
- Live in accommodation if required.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Complete support from your General Manager & District Manager.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.