The Market House is a buzzing & stylish bar & restaurant in Earl Street, Maidstone and following our hugely successful re-opening we are looking for a full time Chef de Partie to join our busy kitchen team.
Currently a wet led business, the Market House offers a fresh, new, on-trend menu that caters for all. We have a great range of small plate options, vegetarian super food and vegan dishes available together with a varied list of brunch options and modern takes on classic pub style dishes. We provide our customers with the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town and live music really is at the heart of what we do here, with bands on three times a week covering a diverse range of genres and artists.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Chef de Parties with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.