The Freemasons Arms is a fast paced and busy London pub located in Covent Garden and ahead of our exciting re-opening on 1st September, we are looking for full time Sous Chef to join our team.
Here at the Freemasons Arms we operate our traditional style pub menu seven days a week and food is served midweek 12-3pm and 5pm-10pm and all day Saturday & Sunday. We are also home to Masonic Lodge meetings six days of the week, so this role will see you cooking 3 course lunch and dinner menus six days out of seven.
This hands on role will see you supporting the day to day running and cooking within our kitchen together with the support of a small team of four chefs.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term. We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive annual salary
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.