The George is a busy pub, restaurant & hotel located in Cranbrook, Kent and due to business demand we are looking for a Trainee Assistant Manager to join our team in this newly created role.
The role of Trainee Assistant Manager is key within our business, so we need someone that can bring bundles of energy and enthusiasm to the table and with our training and development, longer term you will support our General Manager and assist the successful running of our pub.
Working full time hours to include some evenings and weekends, we will teach you all aspects of the day to day running of our business including the running of Duty Manager shifts together with supporting customer service on the front line, overseeing our front of house and kitchen teams, supporting with stock and cellar management and conducting all back office and administrative duties.
At Shepherd Neame we provide our Trainee Assistant Managers with superb on-going support, so if you love the hospitality sector, we want to hear from you!
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Bar or restaurant experience.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.