The Old Mill is a beautiful pub & restaurant located in Kennington on the outskirts of Ashford, Kent and due to an internal promotion we are recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join our kitchen team.
Our focus at the old Mill is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food and using only the best, sustainable ingredients in our dishes, so we work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East. Our menu is packed full of classic and modern pub food dishes which are served all day, every day, together with a lunch menu and daily specials board.
We have a strong, loyal customer following at the Old Mill and we can cater for up to approx. 140 covers at any one time including our outdoor dining space. We are a high volume, food led site that is currently operating at an approximate 75% food and 25% wet split.
The role of Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen of 13 staff and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive annual salary
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.