The Swan & Dog is a beautiful 16th Century pub & restaurant located in Great Chart on the outskirts of Ashford, Kent and we are now recruiting for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team.
Our focus at the Swan & Dog is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food using only the best, sustainable ingredients in our dishes, so we work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East. Our menu is packed full of both classic and modern British pub favourites together with a range of Mexican influenced dishes which are served all day, every day.
We have a strong, loyal customer following at the Swan & Dog and we can cater for up to approx.100 covers internally at any one time plus a further 120 outdoor covers when the sun is shining. We are a high volume, food led site that is currently operating at an approximate 60% food and 40% wet split.
In this role, we need a committed and passionate Head Chef that is used to working with fresh food and that can train and develop an existing kitchen brigade of 10 Chefs and Kitchen Porters. You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team of approx.10.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive annual salary
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.