Samuel Pepys is a busy riverside London pub located on the North Bank of the Thames between Cannon Street and Blackfriars and ahead of our exciting re-opening in August, we are looking for a Head Chef to join our team.
This hands on role will see you taking responsibility for the day to day running and cooking within our kitchen together with the support of a small team of chefs. Our Menu includes a range of small plates, pizzas, burgers and traditional pub menu favourites using quality ingredients, locally sourced wherever possible. Our food serving hours are 12Noon until approx. 9pm Monday to Friday and we are also open for occasional weekends to host weddings, events and parties.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience overseeing the day to day operations of a pub kitchen.
- The skills required to oversee a small team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Hourly pay up to £12.00 per hour DOE
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.