The Westminster Arms is a traditional London pub located just a stone’s throw away from the Houses of Parliament and following our successful re-opening, we are looking for a full time Lead Chef to join our team.
This hands on role will see you taking responsibility for the day to day running and cooking within our kitchen, with the support of one other chef. We open seven days a week and our menu is full of classic, British pub favourite dishes with a focus on top quality, freshly cooked food. Our food serving hours are Midweek from 12Noon-8pm and on Saturdays and Sundays from 12noon-4pm.
You will have a proven track record of delivering great, fresh food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience overseeing the day to day operations of a kitchen.
- The ability to support and further train one other member of kitchen staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- Immediate interview and start available
- Hourly pay rate of up to £12.00 per hour DOE (40 hr week)
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The opportunity to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.