The Sun Inn is a busy pub & restaurant located in Faversham town centre and following our successful re-opening we have a great opportunity available for an experienced Chef to join our team.
We have strong, loyal customer following at the Sun and our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked dishes across our breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. We use local suppliers where possible and work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East to make sure only the best, sustainable fresh ingredients are used in our dishes.
We have dedicated, long-standing and friendly team of Chefs in our kitchen at the Sun, so if you are looking to carve out your career and want to become a Sous or Head Chef in the future, then we have the skills, knowledge and drive to get you there. We will invest our time and energy into supporting and developing you with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us and Shepherd Neame in the longer term.
In return, we will offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.