The Sun Inn is a busy pub & restaurant located in Faversham town centre and following our successful re-opening we have a great opportunity available for a Kitchen Assistant that with our training and development could lead on to a Trainee Chef de Partie role.
We have strong, loyal customer following at the Sun and our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked dishes across our breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. We use local suppliers where possible and work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East to make sure only the best, sustainable fresh ingredients are used in our dishes.
This full time role will see you supporting our chefs with basic food preparation, cleaning and stock management duties during busy service, allowing us to provide a quick and efficient level of service to our customers on the front line.
We have dedicated, long-standing and friendly team of Chefs in our kitchen at the Sun, so if you are looking to carve out your career in the kitchen, we have the skills, knowledge and drive to get you there.
What are we looking for?
- Kitchen experience is preferable, not essential as full training will be provided.
- The desire to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be a great team player.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for a chat.