The Old Mill is a beautiful pub & restaurant located in Kennington on the outskirts of Ashford, Kent and for the first time in 9 years, we are recruiting for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team.
Our focus at the old Mill is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food and using only the best, sustainable ingredients in our dishes, so we work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East. Our menu is packed full of classic and modern pub food dishes which are served all day, every day, together with a lunch menu and daily specials board.
We have a strong, loyal customer following at the Old Mill and we can cater for up to approx. 140 covers at any one time including our outdoor dining space. We are a high volume, food led site that is currently operating at an approximate 75% food and 25% wet split.
In this role, we need a committed and passionate Head Chef that is used to working with fresh food and that can train and develop an existing kitchen brigade of 13 Chefs and Kitchen Porters. You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume catering experience using fresh food.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 13
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive annual salary
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- The chance to join our ‘chef development & mentor programme’
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Chefs whites provided