The Royal is a busy pub & Restaurant located in Tankerton, Whitstable and due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a Sous Chef to support the day to day running of our kitchen and team.
The role of Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Salary of approx. £25,000 pa DOE
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.