The Shakespeare is a busy Pub & Restaurant with an adjoining Wine Bar in central Canterbury City and following our recent re-opening, we are looking for a part time Kitchen Porter to join our team immediately.
This role will see you working approx. 16-20 hours per week, predominantly evenings and weekends, so you must be flexible in terms of working hours.
This role will see you supporting our chefs in the kitchen ensuring that they are able to work in a clean and safe environment and that we provide our customers with a quick and efficient level of service out on the front line. You will be responsible for maintaining a hygienic and tidy kitchen, managing the pot and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring that we have adequate clean stock and cutlery for service. You may also be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation where necessary.
If you are looking to kick start your career as a chef in the kitchen, then we may also have the opportunity to train and develop you in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Kitchen experience is preferable, not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be a great team player.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- App for online rota
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Full company induction process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours