Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven live in or live out General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the Royal Hotel in Deal, Kent.
The Royal Hotel is a picturesque, 18th century Georgian building regally positioned on Deal Seafront. It combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern 18 bedroomed hotel.
Able to cater for approximately 150-200 covers at any one time, the Royal Hotel has multiple restaurant and dining areas to include the Quarterdeck Restaurant and the Boathouse Bar & Terrace which boasts glorious views out over the sea. It also has a small private function room for around 40 covers which allows the hotel to cater for private dining and small parties and events.
The Royal Hotel is a very seasonal high volume and turnover site with a team of approximately 40 staff, so we need an experienced and dedicated manager with the ability to drive this already well trading site forward to the next level.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at general management level within the hotel or hospitality sector.
- Experience in a busy high volume food & beverage operation.
- Former wedding, events and function experience.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is preferred, although not essential.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop a team of approx. 40 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Competitive annual salary
- Bonus scheme
- 2 Bedroom private live in accommodation if required
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life.
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.