Following our hugely successful re-openings across the retail estate, Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the Dog & Bear Hotel in Lenham, near Maidstone, Kent.
Located on the southern edge of the North Downs and overlooking Lenham’s picturesque village square, the Dog & Bear is a 17th Century building that combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant with all the comforts of a stylish 24 bedroom hotel. There is a private function suite available which caters for up to 50 guests for private parties, wedding and events together with a pretty courtyard garden on site.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at GM level within the pub, hotel, or F&B sector.
- Experience in a busy, high volume food & beverage operation.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop your team.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assume responsibility for the site management reporting and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales & marketing from site.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is essential.
- Competitive annual salary
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Company pension plan
- Shares incentive plan
- Paid breaks
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame managed pubs & hotels
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- App for online rota
- Full company Induction Process
- Opportunity to develop & move between pubs and grow with the company
Please note that this is a live out role as accommodation is not available at this site.
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity within a dynamic and ever growing company, please apply online with your CV now.