The Old Mill is a beautiful Pub & Restaurant located on the outskirts of Kennington in Ashford and we are looking for a full time Chef de Partie to join our kitchen team.
We have a strong, loyal customer following at the Old Mill and our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food. We use local suppliers where possible and work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East to make sure only the best, sustainable fresh ingredients are used in our dishes. Our menus are full of classic and modern pub food and our whole menu is served all day, every day, together with a lunch menu and specials board.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Chef de Parties with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rate of £9.00-£9.50 that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Immediate start available.
- Competitive hourly pay rate.
- Flexible working hours which can be discussed at interview.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Career progression in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.