Ahead of our exciting re-opening in mid-May, we are looking for a Senior Hotel Receptionist & Administrator to join our team at the Royal Wells Hotel in Tunbridge Wells.
Just a few minutes’ walk from the main town centre and boasting spectacular views from its hilltop location in Mount Ephraim, the Royal Wells Hotel is an elegant event led retreat with twenty seven bedrooms incorporating the latest facilities and contemporary style. It operates on an even split across food, liquor and accommodation sales and it has two stylish event suites which cater for up to 120 sit-down guests, making the Royal Wells a very popular, busy site for high end weddings and events.
Overseeing our reception team, this role will see you working five days out of seven, approx. 40/45 hours per week. Shift patterns will vary between 7.00am and 10.00pm on a rota basis and it will include some weekends.
We know that first impressions count, so this role will see you projecting a professional image and offering our customers a warm and efficient welcome on the front line. Together with great administrative and customer service skills, you will have a real passion for the hospitality sector and you will be willing to go ‘the extra mile’ to ensure our guest’s expectations are met.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the reception desk and team.
- Building relationships with all the internal departments.
- Recruitment, staff management and training of reception team.
- Devising staff rotas and providing holiday cover as required.
- Maximizing all revenue opportunities as part of the management team.
- Booking and liaising with hotel contractors.
- Managing daily room allocation for room reservations.
- Ensuring daily banking duties and security procedures are adhered to.
- Conducting show rounds as required.
- Handling customer feedback/complaints as required.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a hotel receptionists role.
- The ability to recruit, train and motivate a team.
- Exceptional levels of customer service.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- You must be able to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- You need to be IT literate, conversant in all Microsoft office packages to include Word and Excel.
- Previous knowledge of guest line or Rezlynx would be advantageous.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Pay rate £9.35 per hour approx. depending on experience.
- Structured induction and training programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.