Following our successful re-opening this month, we are looking for a full time Commis Chef to join our kitchen team at the Conningbrook Hotel in Ashford.
The Conningbrook Hotel boasts a great location on the outskirts of Ashford, within easy reach of the M20 motorway and nearby Ashford International station. It combines the friendly atmosphere of a local Pub & Restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern 29 bedroom hotel. It has extensive outdoor space with a large landscaped gardens used for alfresco dining and large events. It is a licensed wedding venue with four function rooms and it caters for high volume wedding, meetings and private events throughout all seasons.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Commis Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.