Following our successful re-opening this month, we are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team at the Royal Wells Hotel in Tunbridge Wells.
The Royal Wells Hotel is an elegant event led retreat with twenty seven bedrooms incorporating the latest facilities and contemporary style. It sits just a few minutes’ walk from the main town centre and boasts spectacular views from its hilltop location in Mount Ephraim. It operates on an even split across food, liquor and accommodation sales and it has two stylish event suites which cater for up to 120 sit-down guests, making the Royal Wells a very popular, busy site for high end weddings and events.
The role of Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term. We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
Please note that this is a live out role.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.