Ahead of our exciting re-opening in mid May, Shepherd Neame is looking for a Head Chef to join our team at the Market House in Maidstone, on a fixed term Maternity Cover contract from May until December 2021.
The Market House is a buzzing & stylish Bar & Restaurant in Earl Street boasting a great location and a roof top terrace. Live music really is at the heart of what we do here, with bands on three times a week covering a diverse range of genres and artists. Currently operating on a 85% wet and 15% dry split, the Market House offers a fresh, new, on-trend menu that caters for all. We have a great range of small plate options, vegetarian super food and vegan dishes available together with a varied list of brunch options and modern takes on classic pub style dishes. We also provide our customers with the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary approx; £26,000 pa (pro-rata) negotiable dependent on experience.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.