Ahead of our exciting re-opening in Mid-May, Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Oak on the Green in Bearsted, Maidstone.
A flagship site for Shepherd Neame, the Oak on the Green is a beautiful 16th century Pub & Restaurant overlooking Bearsted Green and at the heart of our local village community. We serve generous portions of freshly cooked Modern food throughout the day, seven days a week, using great quality ingredients sourced locally where possible; together with a fantastic selection of interesting ales and lagers from local brewers, and a carefully selected wine list.
We are a high volume food led site currently operating at a 70% food and 30% wet split, so to be successful in this role you will have a proven track record as a Head Chef delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team of approx. 15 chefs, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume catering experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of approx. 15 people.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Company Healthcare scheme.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.