Ahead of our exciting re-opening in mid-April, we are looking for a Junior Sous Chef to join our team in a newly created role at the Marine Hotel in Tankerton, Whitstable.
The Marine is a busy pub, restaurant and 30 bedroomed hotel boasting magnificent views over the Kent coast. You can dine from our modern British Menu in our stylish restaurant with sea views or you can unwind in our bar, lounge or outdoor patio garden. Our three beautiful function rooms make us a popular venue for wedding, parties and private events in Whitstable, with our Ball room catering for up to 150 guests.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Junior Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Experience at a Commis chef or Chef de partie level.
- Experience in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- The desire .to be part of a dynamic kitchen team and to learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to practice and adhere to strict food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- You must be able to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- A great team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary between £23,000 and £24,500, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.