Ahead of our exciting re-opening in mid-May, Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the Crown in Rochester, Kent.
Located on the corner of Rochester Bridge on the banks of River Medway, the Crown is a large, spacious Pub & restaurant that is set out across multiple levels. We have a strong local following with live music, two pool tables, six TV screens and live sports available in the sports bar that can accommodate up to 100 people. We offer our customers a great range of drinks together with a recently introduced menu including gourmet burgers, chicken wings, loaded fries, big plates and Sunday roasts in our main bar & restaurant area.
The Crown is a wet led business, currently trading at a 75% wet and 25% dry split. We had a complete internal and external refurbishment scheme planned for 2020 which has now been pushed back to 2022 because of the current pandemic, but longer term, our plan is to completely re-develop and re-position the Crown in the local market place.
We need a General Manager that is enthusiastic about our sector, with bags of personality and who loves what they do! You must enjoy training and developing people in order to get the best out of your team and exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at general management level within pubs or restaurants.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop your team.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assume responsibility for the site management reporting and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales & marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- 1 bedroom private live in accommodation if required.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.