Ahead of our exciting re-opening in mid May, we are looking for a full time Commis Chef to join our kitchen team at the Old Mill in Kennington, Ashford.
The Old Mill is a beautiful Pub & Restaurant located on the outskirts of Ashford in Kennington. We have a strong, loyal customer following and our focus is on providing top quality, freshly cooked food. We use local suppliers where possible and work with a hand-picked network of farmers, fishermen and food producers throughout Kent and the South East to make sure only the best, sustainable fresh ingredients are used in our dishes. Our menus are full of classic and modern pub food and our whole menu is served all day, every day, together with a lunch menu and specials board.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Commis Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.