Following our exciting re-opening this month, we are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our kitchen team at the the Boathouse, Yalding.
Located just a few miles outside of Maidstone in the village of Yalding, the Boathouse boasts an enviable riverside location in the beautiful Wealden countryside. Fully refurbished with significant investment in 2018, the Boathouse was designed to be a high volume, food led site with extensive indoor and outdoor dining space. We cater for a diverse customer base with real emphasis on a fresh varied menu full of unique modern dishes and classic pub favourites. We are a family and dog friendly operation and we also have the ability to cater for private parties and events for up to 45 guests.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Chef de Parties with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Immediate start available.
- Competitive hourly pay rate.
- Flexible working hours which can be discussed at interview.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Career progression in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.