Shepherd Neame is looking for a proven General Manager to take on the successful running of our beautiful destination dining pub & restaurant, the Boathouse.
Located just a few miles outside of Maidstone in the village of Yalding, the Boathouse boasts an enviable riverside location in the beautiful Wealden countryside. Fully refurbished with significant investment in 2018, the Boathouse was designed to be a high volume, food led site with extensive indoor and outdoor dining space.
Now trading at an approximate 65% food and 35% wet split, the Boathouse caters for a diverse customer base with real emphasis on a fresh varied menu full of unique modern dishes and classic pub favourites. We are a family and dog friendly operation and we also have the ability to cater for private parties and events for up to 45 guests.
We need a General Manager that is enthusiastic about our sector, with bags of personality and who loves what they do! You must enjoy training and developing people in order to get the best out of your team and exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda. This job role offers you opportunity to be the driving force behind this great pub & restaurant, further establishing the Boathouse in the local market place.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at general management level within the pub, hotel, F&B or hospitality sector.
- Experience in a busy, high volume food & beverage operation.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop your team of approx. 25 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assume responsibility for the site management reporting and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales & marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Private live in accommodation if required.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.