Following our successful re-opening, we are looking for an experienced Commis Chef to join our busy kitchen team at the Dog & Bear Hotel, Lenham.
This is a full time and permanent role that will see you working a range of shifts to include daytimes, evenings and weekends.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Commis Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term. We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
Please note that in order to ensure the safety of our team members once we open, we will be introducing full COVID training for all staff, single entry and exit points, one way systems, sanitizer points, optional masks for staff and safety screens.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.