Following our successful re-opening, the Royal Albion Hotel in Broadstairs is looking for an experienced Head Receptionist to join our busy team on a full time basis.
We know that first impressions count, so as Head Receptionist you will ensure our reception team project a professional, warm and efficient welcome on the front line.
Together with great leadership, administrative and customer service skills, you will have a real passion for the hospitality sector and you will be willing to go ‘the extra mile’ to ensure our customers’ expectations are met.
This will be a highly varied position where no two days will be the same, so you will work closely with all of the other departments within the hotel to ensure we deliver a consistently high level of service. This is a full time role that will see you working a range of shifts including early and late shifts and weekends.
Please note that in order to ensure the safety of our team members we have now introduced full COVID training for all staff, a one way system, sanitizer points and safety screens.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the reception desk and team.
- Building relationships with all the internal departments.
- Recruitment, staff management and training of reception team.
- Devising staff rotas and providing holiday cover as required.
- Maximizing all revenue opportunities as part of the management team.
- Managing daily room allocation for room reservations.
- Ensuring daily banking duties and security procedures are adhered to.
- Conducting show rounds as required.
- Handling customer feedback/complaints as required.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a hotel receptionists role.
- The ability to recruit, train and motivate a team.
- Exceptional levels of customer service.
- Someone sales driven that is able to maximise sales opportunities.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- You must be able to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- You need to be IT literate, conversant in all Microsoft office packages to include Word and Excel.
- Previous knowledge of guest line or Rezlynx would be advantageous.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Pay rate is negotiable DOE.
- Structured induction and training programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.