Following our successful re-opening, we are looking for a part time Kitchen Assistant / Kitchen Porter to join our busy team at the Minnis Bay Bar & Brasserie in Birchington, Kent.
This role will see you supporting our chefs with basic food preparation, cleaning and stock management duties during busy service, allowing them to provide a quick and efficient level of service out on the front line.You will also be responsible for maintaining a hygienic and tidy kitchen, managing the pot and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring that we have adequate clean stock and cutlery for service.
This post as Kitchen Assistant will see you learning the ropes under the guidance of our Head Chef and kitchen team, so if you are looking to kick start your career as a chef, this may be the job for you!
Please note that in order to ensure the safety of our team members once we open, we will be introducing full COVID training for all staff, single entry and exit points, one way systems, sanitizer points, optional masks for staff and safety screens.
In return, we will offer you a competitive pay rate, great training and support and a good range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Kitchen experience is preferable, not essential as full training will be provided.
- The deisre to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be a great team player.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
In order to be considered for this post, please either apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for a chat.